Thursday, September 16, 2010

Well done Brother-USA!

More often than not Customer Service is a source of endless frustration - it's typically inadequate and problems are seldom resolved to a satisfactory conclusion. Unfortunately
 it's become a way of life. So I am very happy to share the excellent customer service I recently received from Brother-USA.

          The product in question?    A 4-year old color, multi-function inkjet printer (MFC)
          The problem:   black ink didn't print

I've used both Brother-brand and generic cartridges in the printer and never had a problem.
 However, when I called Brother's Customer Service and admitted I wasn't currently using their proprietary products they recommended  that I switch over to their brand of consumables. After replacing the cartridges with Brother-brand cartridges the problem still existed. I tried all the diagnostics and solutions outlined in the operation manual but didn't have any luck getting the black ink to print. I called Brother's Customer Service again and we fiddled with their more advanced diagnostics/solutions to no avail. Then the unexpected happened - the phone technician created a work order that arranged to have my printer serviced locally AT NO CHARGE! A few days later my printer was fixed and ready to be picked up. Not only was the machine repaired but Brother also threw in a free black cartridge for my convenience!

This isn't the first Brother product I have purchased; as a matter of fact I have been happy with the other Brother products I own. However, this kind of attention to customer satisfaction has made me a real believer. So much so that when my office MFC printer needed to be replaced last week I selected a Brother color laser MFC.


Thank you for a reason to sing your praises, Brother-USA and congratulations on a job well done!

No comments:

Powered By Blogger