Sunday, February 8, 2009

It IS a Small World After All!

I learned about a fun, on-line scrabble game called lexulous (http://www.lexulous.com) and am addicted to it. I sneak in a game here & there, mostly when I am working on more tedious tasks. Quite often my family scolds me when they hear the 'ding' of the bell signaling my turn.
I've played with folks from all over the USA & all over the world. I sent photos of snow to a woman from Australia who complained how 'bloody hot' their summer was. I've played with people as far away & exotic as Malasia & as close as NYC.
Sometimes I play with people who want to chat & others who don't. The game itself is fun if you like to play games, spell & learn a little (strange scrabble words like qis, za, etc). I was playing with a lady from Florida, (gemmerchant is her game name) & told her I was from SW NY state. She asked where more specifically, Chautauqua, Jamestown? I told her Chautauqua County, just over the PA state line. She asked 'close to Peek 'n Peak?' I said yes, just a few miles around the corner in Findley Lake, NY. I asked her how she knew of this area & she explained her husband was from nearby Jamestown, NY & they spend summers at Chautauqua. gemmerchant further told me that they attend church in Findley Lake on Sundays as the local minister's wife is related to her husband. I shared that we owned the Blue Heron Inn on Main Street and she told me that she's eaten in our restaurant when in town & love it!
I couldn't believe the coincidence! gemmerchant & I have exchanged e-mail addresses and we will meet this summer. Can you imagine more of a "small world" moment than this?

No comments:

Powered By Blogger